Tuesday

CONCLUSION

After making an investigation into the subject of aerial photography, I feel that I have come to an answer to the questions that I asked myself :-

People find the birds eye view so remarkable and ever changing that there is nothing they will not do, there is no effort that is to much trouble for them.

“No imagination can paint anything so beautiful now disclosed to our enraptured senses.” (Newhall: 1969).

The thrill of obtaining this view is just as compelling as the view itself.

The images are used for so many practical things such as making accurate maps, archaeology and geological purposes they can be estimations, generalizations or interpretations, maps can be of real places, intangible things, such as movement, data or imaginary realms and much more .

Images are also obtained and manipulated as an art form.

Effects On My Studio Practice

I feel that my studio practice has benefited from my research into a “birds eye view,” as I have now gained an interest in mapping that I previously did not have. I found that taking pictures from high places made me develop an awareness of my own feelings when visiting these places in order to capture the image I wanted. Looking at and analysing the images in detail made me realise how I took certain views for granted.

After looking at photos and discovering the importance that aerial photography plays, in the creation of maps and learning the expected norms in making a map (like the use of scale), it has made me think that I would like to have a go at breaking some of these norms to see if they are important or not. I also looked at the range of subjects that artists use to make maps. These can be purely imaginary or real situations that are portrayed in an imaginative way.

Apart from developing an interest in maps I have also gained an insight into the way mapping can be interpreted and made into pieces of artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment